About the Event
Join us in this workshop as we discover the opportunity to enhance core capabilities in Industrial Equipment and Machinery Industry. Solidworks have proven solutions to address these critical business issues in the area of Modular design, complex products, mechatronics, customized product and cost reduction.
Who Should Attend
End Users, Engineer, Engineer Manager who are in the Industrial equipment, Machinery and Automation Industries are encourage to register for this What’s New SOLIDWORKS 2018 features update.
- An overview of Solutions/Capabilities Requirements for each Industry
- Brief Introduction of Solutions
- What’sNew: New Features, Enhancements and Improvements in SOLIDWORKS 2018
- Q&A Session
- Survey – Tell us what you think!
INNOVATIVE NEW USER EXPERIENCE
• Freehand sketching with pen or touch on compatible
• Touch and stylus support for many design tasks
• Mirror in 3D sketches
• Enhanced Mouse gestures and user interface
MORE POWERFUL SOLIDWORKS 3D
• Work with ACIS, STEP, and IGES and update changes
when newer versions are received.
• Access more internal properties from 3D Interconnect
• Open proprietary 3D CAD data directly into SOLIDWORKS including Creo®, CATIA® V5, SolidEdge®, NX™, and Inventor® and retain associativity to the original file
CLOUD CONNECTED SOLIDWORKS
• SOLIDWORKS Online Licensing makes using your
license on multiple machines eortless.
• SOLIDWORKS Login moves customized content and
settings to any machine on which SOLIDWORKS is
• SOLIDWORKS Admin Portal allows easier.
management of SOLIDWORKS products and services.
WORK DIRECTLY WITH MESH DATA
• Use mesh data like it is surface or solid geometry.
• Convert solid or surface geometry to mesh.
• Perform operations directly on mesh such as Cut, Cut
with Surface, Interference Check, Combine, Intersect,
Split, Move/Copy, and others.
SHEET METAL FEATURES THAT IMPROVE
• Tab and slot feature for self-fixturing of parts for
• Normal cut feature ensures clearance included for
• Corners that include three bends can be easily created
ENHANCED DRAWING CAPABILITIES
• Has support for Advanced Hole Wizard callouts.
• Broken-out section can be added to detail, alternate
position, and section views.
• Apply hatches to specific layers—inherits properties of
ENHANCED DESIGN COMMUNICATION WITH
• Include decals without the need to send a separate
• Streamlined workflow for setting options and
• Display all MBD generated 3D Views across multiple
configurations of a model.
FULLY IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCE WITH
• Create panoramic Virtual Reality (VR) content.
• Support for 360 stereo animations.
• Sun studies, camera fly’s, exploded views, and part
ASSEMBLY PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS
• Concentric holes no longer need to be perfectly in-line
to be used for assembly mates.
• Large Assembly Performance Evaluation Tool.
• Temporarily hide faces when mating using ALT key
for faster assembly of components.
PART FEATURES THAT STREAMLINE
• Include a customizable bounding box description for
weldment cut lists.
• Link cut list folder names to cut list properties for
faster detailing of weldments.
• Automatic bounding box creation for entire part—
includes bounding box properties.